jueves, 10 de enero de 2013

A great sport gesture!




In the cross of Navarre (town of Pamplona), ​​an event happened on Sunday December 2 to help us to continue believing in the values ​​of having a sporting attitude.

The Kenyan athlete, Abel Mutai, was very close to the finishing line, and believed that he had won the race. He started to greet the audience thinking that he was already the winner.

However, Iván Fernández Anaya realized that Abel was wrong and he, Iván, stopped ten meters before the banner. The Spanish runner would not take the opportunity to accelerate past Abel to win. Ivan laid on his back, and gestured to Abel, almost pushing him, to cross the finishing line.

Iván Fernández Anaya said at the end of the race: "Although someone had told me that I would have a place in the Spanish selection for the European athletics championships if I had won, I would not have changed what I did. I think that what I did was better than if I would have won. And this is very important, because nowadays in football, in society, in politics, people tend to act with very little sense of ethics, so a gesture of honesty means a lot".

Unfortunately, very few people have read this news. It's a shame. In my opinion, it would be nice to explain this to children, so they do not think that sport is only what they see on TV: violent kicks, aggresive statements, swearing, fingers in the eyes of the enemy ... 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario